Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"Two Kinds" Before You Read: Something You Don't Want to Do

A time I was forced to do something I didn't want to do was when I had to a talent show in 9th grade and I had to sing a duet with my friend. I was in English class one day and the teacher said that at least 10 people in this class has to sign up. She said it's going to be apart of our grades. As soon as she said that I was automatically nominated and told I'm doing it. I said that I didn't want to sing because I don't like singing in front of people. So my friend Bernie volunteered to sing with me. I still didn't feel like doing it. In my mind I knew I already had an A in that class so I really thought that I didn't have to. So I decided not to rehearse or go to any practices so I can be put out the talent show, but my teacher wasn't having it. Then my friend Bernie told me that I can sing really good and he knows I can and that was the reason he volunteered. It made me feel a little better but I still didn't want to do it. Then our teacher told us we can go in any order I wanted so we were the 7th one on stage. We sung and people clapped. I was super scared and nervous,but he held my hand and once we start singing it kept flowing and soon we finished the song. We won 2nd place so I was happy that I beat a senior and a junior. Then my teacher said the point was to at least try to be in the talent show and that we didn't have to do it. I was heated,but got over it.

4 comments:

  1. Thats good, it will probably help you be more comfertable in front of people. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your post. I bet it helped you be more comfortable dancing in front of people now:]...Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell that it helped because now you won't stop dancing !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are braver than I am. I think I would have just cried!

    ReplyDelete